Need more information about structured settlements, risk management, legislation or related industries? Here are Internet links and news that you may find relevant.
- Joint Committee on Taxation Deems Structured Settlements a "De Minimus Expenditure"
The Joint Committee on Taxation has compiled its Estimate of Federal Expenditures for fiscal years 2010 to 2014. Article by John McCulloch, IFS' V.P. Advanced Marketing, explains the effects on foreseeable future of 104(a)(2) exemption from income.
- Senator Max Baucus meets with NSSTA Board of Directors
Senator Max Baucus in Support of Structured Settlements
- CMS Releases Guidebook March 2013
CMS Published Guidance for WC MSA procedures
- Video! Structured Settlements Help Resolve Claims
John J. McCulloch, JD, WCLS, CMSP, of the National Structured Settlements Trade Association (NSSTA) explains in this short 2013 A.M. Best video what claims professionals should know about structured settlements.
- Circular Support of Structured Settlements
August 2012 Fundraiser for Congressman Jim Langevin, Structured Settlement Ally
- Medal of Freedom Awarded to Representative John Lewis
Listen to excerpts of Rep. John Lewis' speech to the attendees at the 2010 NSSTA Annual meeting, proclaiming his support for Structured Settlements.
On February 15, 2011 President Obama presented the coveted Medal of Freedom award to fifteen worthy individuals, saying "all ...have lived extraordinary lives that have inspired us, enriched our culture, and made our country and our world a better place."
- The Taxable Equivalent Yield of a Structured Settlement – Don’t Forget Local and State Taxes
When comparing a structured settlement to other personal investment options, remember to take into consideration not only Federal Taxes you will pay on interest earned, but State and Local taxes as well.
- IFS Obtains Favorable Private Letter Ruling on Resolving Taxable Claims with Periodic Payments
TALLAHASSEE, FL (June 20, 2008) Integrated Financial Settlements ("IFS"), a holding company of the largest group of structured settlement agencies in the United States, and consisting of a workforce of over 175 professional structured settlement consultants, has announced that it obtained a favorable ruling from the Internal Revenue Service on the use of a Non-Qualified Assignment to resolve an employment claim.
- A.M. Best Ratings
A. M. Best Ratings
- Allstate Life Insurance Company
Allstate Life website.
- American Association of People with Disabilities
American Association of People with Disabilities
- American Council of Life Insurers
American Council of Life Insurers
- American General
American General website
- American General Structured Settlements Dissipation Survey Report.
American General Structured Settlements Survey Report. Once at the sight click on Dissipation Survey.
American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid
- Crawford & Company
Crawford & Company
Defense Research Institute
- Glossary of Insurance and Risk Management
International Risk Management Institute, Inc.
- Insurance Industry Internet Network
Insurance Industry Internet Network
- Insurance Information Institute
Insurance Information Institute
- Integrated Financial Settlements (IFS)
Website for IFS, parent company of EPS Settlements Group
- John Hancock Life Insurance Company (USA)
John Hancock website.
- Liberty Life
Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston website. Also download their Financial Strengthsbrochure and a piece on Non-Qualified Assignments.
- Mass Tort Settlement Services
EPS Settlements Group works closely with its sister company, Mass Tort Settlement Services in offering structured settlement services to claimants involved in mass tort claims.
Metropolitan Life website, and a flyer answering the question Why Use MetLife Structured Settlements?
- National Organization of Life & Health Insurance Guaranty Associations
NOLHGA - This website will link you to your selected State's Guaranty Association
- New York Life Insurance Company
New York Life Website has valuable information on What The Rating Agencies Say and also their Financial Information. You can also link directly to their Structured Settlement page.
National Structured Settlements Trade Association
- Pacific Life Insurance Company
Pacific Life website.
- Parker Centennial Assurance Company
Parker Centennial website, Protecting Your Finanial Future brochure
- Property Casualty Insurance Association of America
Property Casualty Insurance Association of America
- Providio MediSolutions, LLC
Providio provides a broad spectrum of Medicare Secondary Payer Act (MSPA) compliance solutions for law firms, defendant insurers, third party administrators, self-insureds and, of course, Medicare beneficiaries themselves.
- Prudential Life Insurance Company
Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.
- Securant Bank and Trust
Securant Bank & Trust Website for Structured Settlement Trust Products
- Social Security Administration
Try the SSA online calculator to obtain a projected retirement benefit.
- Special Needs Alliance of Attorneys for Special Needs Trusts
Special Needs Alliance
- TFSS Ratings & Settlement Requirements for Minors in Personal Injury Claims
TFSS has published a flipbook as a resource to the industry entitled TFSS Ratings and Settlement Requirements for Minors in Personal Injury Claims. Click here to access this book authored by John McCulloch and edited by Debra DiFonzo McCulloch.
- Weiss Ratings
To look up a Weiss rating for a life insurance company online, click here.
- Workers' Compensation Settlements and Structured Settlements 50-State Survey 2011-2012
Jump to the Newly released Flipbook containing the Workers' Compensation Settlements and Structured Settlements 50-State Survey, 2011-2012 to locate answers to your State-specific Workers' Compensation questions. Copyright pending.
- World Institute on Disability
World Institute on Disability (WID) is a non-profit public policy center dedicated to the promotion of independence and full inclusion in society of people with disabilities.