Click here to download a PDF of Chris Shumate's Bio
Areas of Expertise:
Mr. Shumate’s expertise includes coordinating partnerships with financial intermediaries, including broker-dealers, accountants, banks, and financial advisors. He is also experienced in the development of settlement asset allocation models for settling parties, representing parties at settlement conferences, mediations, arbitrations and hearings designed to resolve complex cases. In addition Chris assists attorneys in designing fee structure programs in conjunction with the overall settlement. He also provides services involving analysis of Life Care Plans, economic needs projections, Medicare Set-Aside Accounts, Special Needs Trusts and other related settlement services. During his career, Chris has presented at numerous regional and national seminars and conferences on the use of periodic payment programs.
Chris has been practicing in the structured settlement industry since 1982. Prior to joining EPS Settlements Group he was with various other companies including GE Capital Corporation from 1991 – 2001 where he held various management positions.
- Marion Military Institute - College Preparatory
- Louisiana State University - B.S. 1975
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) - University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business - 1988
- Certified Structured Settlement Consultant (CSSC) - University of Notre Dame - 2007
- Charter member of the National Structured Settlements Trade Association (NSSTA)
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM)
- Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS)
- Energy Security Council (ESC)