Click here to download a PDF of Chris Shumate's Bio
Areas of Expertise:
Mr. Shumate’s expertise includes developing integrated settlement proposals for a variety of clients in the energy, power generation and transmission, transportation and medical industries. In addition Chris offers a variety of support services including attendance at mediations, arbitrations and hearings designed to resolve complex cases. He also provides analysis of Life Care Plans, economic needs projections, Medicare Set-Aside Accounts, Special Needs Trusts, structured attorneys’ fees and other related settlement services. During his career, Chris has presented at numerous regional and national seminars and conferences on the use of periodic payment programs.
Chris has been practicing in the structured settlement industry since 1982. Prior to joining EPS Settlements Group he was with various other companies including GE Capital Corporation from 1991 – 2001 where he held various management positions. As a Settlement Consultant, Chris is actively involved in settling a wide variety of complex personal physical injury and non-qualified cases.
• Marion Military Institute - College Preparatory
• Louisiana State University - B.S. 1975
• Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) - University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business - 1988
• Certified Structured Settlement Consultant (CSSC) – University of Notre Dame - 2007
• National Structured Settlements Trade Association (NSSTA) , Charter Member
• American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM), Associate Member
• Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS), Associate Member
• Energy Security Council (ESC), Member